If you are reading this post, chances are that you attended our Christmas Celebration Night on Saturday 19 Dec, 2015.
You would have received a jar of delicious dry ingredients to make Anzac Cookies! Here are the ingredients and the recipe below – it’s super easy and it’s suitable for the whole family to make together.
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp bicarb soda
- 125g butter
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup (substitute with treacle for a deeper, more caramelised taste)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees (C) fan force, and line baking tray.
- Empty out dry ingredients from jar into a mixing bowl.
- Melt 125g butter.
- Add melted butter and 3 tablespoons golden syrup in bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Roll out balls of cookie dough onto baking tray.*
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Yields 18-20 small cookies or 10-12 large cookies.**
* Cookie dough should be a sticky consistency but still hold its shape when rolled out. Add more rolled oats if mixture is too wet.
** If it falls apart – also makes a delicious crumble!! Serve with baked apples and vanilla ice cream.
How did your cookies turn out? Ours are below! Why not bring your finished products to share with us one Sunday – we’d loved to get to know you more!
– MCCC Team